Google has recently introduced a number of game-changing security enhancements for G Suite. Here’s some important information in this regard:
The Advanced Protection option was in beta since August 2019, and is now generally available to all G Suite editions and on by default.
It allows admins to enforce a specific set of high-security policies for employees in their organization that are most at risk for targeted attacks by highly motivated professional or government backed groups – employees such as IT admins, executives, and employees in regulated or high-risk verticals such as finance or government.
They high-security policies include:
1. Authentication with security keys
2. G Suite account data access restrictions for untrusted third-party apps
3. Enhanced email scanning for threats
4. A stricter account recovery process
5. Download protections from Google Safe Browsing for certain file types (when signed into Google 6. Chrome with the same identity).
7. By default, all users will be able to enroll in the Advanced Protection program, and it’s on admins to turn off the option for specific users.
App access control
“G Suite has a robust developer ecosystem, with thousands of apps available via the G Suite Marketplace and directly to customers, and a rich API framework enabling customers to develop custom apps. Not all apps, however, will conform to every enterprise customer’s security policy, so our customers and partners value controls to manage third-party apps accessing G Suite data,” Google explained.
The new app access control feature is aimed at reducing the risk of data loss by limiting access to G Suite APIs only to third-party apps admins trust.
App access control will allow admins to identify apps being used and see which have been verified to access restricted OAuth2 scopes, understand which apps are being used and get support information about them, and manage what data each app can access and which users are empowered to use it. (source)
The ultimate layer of defense – even if you loose access to your accounts you can still access your data with UpSafe Cloud backup service
We work for your security